PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Lollys and More

blissqwik
06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
So, first I want to say that I've been providing these retail, not wholesale. so I'm not sure what kind of prices are reasonable for wholesale. Most retail people usually request something that amounts to a CSA-type situation, 13 mixed items (Baker's Dozen) of my choice. I make most of the baked goods with cannabis butter and kief, except cupcakes, which need a less powerful flavor, and I make the lollypops with keif. Because I get the kief at a dispensary, I have to pay somewhat dearly, but if someone could trade or give me a better price on kief or hash oil, I could work on prices a bit.

Second, I want to be clear that I am not doing this in a commercial kitchen, but in my home. I know this is a no-no for lots of people, but that's how I'm doing it.

Third, let's talk about strength. My lollypops are currently not as strong as Eric's, both because of cost to me and because I figured most people would want 1 lollypop to be a songle dose and not have to save it for later. My baked items are about two and half times as strong as the lollypops, but I do have customers who request double strength, both in the baked goods and the lollys, for an up-charge. Whew, double strength brownies, I think I would be in a coma myself.

Having said all my caveats, here are some pics and the current prices I charge for my CSA customers. And, yes, I know it's politically impolite to say customer, but I come from a restaurant background and I firmly believe in customer service.

Current Pricelist
Baker's Dozen Mixed Baked Goods ~ $74.00
Baker's Dozen Mixed Lollys ~ $35.00
Baker's dozen both ~ $55.00

Jameson
06-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the introduction of yourself and the information on your products, its really great to have a baker in the community, thanks for sharing and being apart of making a change!

-Jameson

kitsapscott
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
looks yummy!

dre98002
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Mmmmmm yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbojones
06-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Is this Bliss from the Olympia area?

420Mason
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Now, the big question. How much variety in sugar free edibles do you offer?

blissqwik
06-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Is this Bliss from the Olympia area?

I am not, nor did I even know there was/is a Bliss in Olympia, so pardon if I step on any toes! My "company" is Bliss Qwik Baking and my name is Leslie

[hr]

Now, the big question. How much variety in sugar free edibles do you offer?

Sweetie, you are the first to ask, so I currently have zero. This is not to say I couldn't do something special for you, though. Can you tell me a little more about your needs and how you define sugar free? For instance, is this a blood sugar thing, or is honey OK? How about Xylitol and agave, my two favorite non-sugar sweeteners?

[hr]
Thanks so much to everyone for being so welcoming! I've lurked for a while, just dipping my toes in to post or contact people, and I really appreciate the people who are on here. It's a great community!

jaydee2011
06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
hey there bliss, im happy to see you read my post and were able to get some pics up. it all looks great. so where are you located?

420Mason
06-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, its a diabetic thing, so no sugars, but agave is a step in right direction. Xylitol is nice, as long as its actual birch xylitol. Its a challenge to be sure, especially on the hard candy front.

blissqwik
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
hey there bliss, im happy to see you read my post and were able to get some pics up. it all looks great. so where are you located?

I'm in the Northgate area

[hr]

Well, its a diabetic thing, so no sugars, but agave is a step in right direction. Xylitol is nice, as long as its actual birch xylitol. Its a challenge to be sure, especially on the hard candy front.

So you're thinking about lollypops specifically? And is splenda OK? I know it's not ideal, but I can test a recipe without medicine and see what happens.

hobo
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
What kind of dosage do you put in your edibles? So roughly how much kief per pop? [hr]
Also I am very interested in sugar free for diabetic reasons

reallycoolname
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I've met this very nice lady, and recommend giving her medibles a try!

blissqwik
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
What kind of dosage do you put in your edibles? So roughly how much kief per pop? [hr]
Also I am very interested in sugar free for diabetic reasons

Well, I make about 15 per gram, so about 1/15. I'll let you know how the sugar-free turns out!

[hr]
[/u][u]

I've met this very nice lady, and recommend giving her medibles a try!

Aww, I really liked you, too; thanks so much for the recommendation!

hobo
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks I appreciate it