PDA

View Full Version : Flushing

C sharp
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
In the past I have just flushed with plain water. This harvest however, based on some of the threads I have read, I decided to buy some Bonticare Clearex. The active ingredients of Clearex are glucose and sucrose. As these are just simple sugars, why not just use mollasses and water? Can't the plant/soil break the mollasses down into a simple sugar to bind with the salts?

Mr. Tricks
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm not 100% about this but a reliable source told me molasses in flush causes sparky weed. When I flush, it's gonna be water only from now on. Water purifies, flushing Everything out.

C sharp
11-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Definately don't want sparky pot. After seeing that Clearex was essentially sugar water I was a liitle sorry for wasting my money. I guess after this I'll go back to plain water unless I see/taste a significant difference.

BigBillsBuds
11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Bad stuff. Destroys the final product IME. Have heard many other growers say the same thing. Don't take my word for it though, do some more research. But I have 3/4 a gallon of it sitting in the corner that I haven't gotten around to disposing of yet. I've tried it in an aeroflo system and sunshine 4 and it destroyed the terpenes in crops that I had been successfully and consistently growing for years. Odor and taste substantially reduced.
Oh and it's only 4.5% glucose and sucrose. Something else is in it that makes bud bland or even a little bit harsh tasting.

Jameson
11-18-2011, 03:52 PM
i prefer to only use clearex when flushing my medium just before the flower period & budswell for the actually final flush before harvest, during flowering is where nutrient salts will be building up over the weeks so i like to try to leach anything from veg before the bloom phase.

-J

C sharp
11-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Jameson, I have budswell. I thought that I was supposed to do a final flush following the budswell regiment? I just finished a budswell regiment of 15 ml/gal, 10 ml/gal, 10 ml/gal, 5 ml/gal. I am about 7-10 days from harvest. Should I continue with budswell 5 ml/gal right up to my harvest?

Hazydaze
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Should I continue with budswell 5 ml/gal right up to my harvest?

Yes. That's what I did with my last Lavender crop. It made a difference in the amount of trichs on the leaves around the bud and gave it a better appearance overal. So far everyone I've asked has liked the budswell flush over plain water. Got give it to Krink, the stuff works.

jn
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
sugar is your friend, I use tons in the flushing process with no sparking of medicine at all, imho it helps pull everything out the plant even faster. IMO it also makes the bud very aromatic sweet, if you wondered how people get buds looking like they are covered in sugar.

BigBillsBuds
11-18-2011, 04:25 PM
sugar is your friend, I use tons in the flushing process with no sparking of medicine at all, imho it helps pull everything out the plant even faster. IMO it also makes the bud very aromatic sweet, if you wondered how people get buds looking like they are covered in sugar. What kind of sugars do you use though? Bud Candy, Molasses? Have you used Clearex? Pretty sure there is something in it other than sugars and water.

EfuckingC
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Sugar is added to Clearex and other flush products to give the plant a "boost" and show a little sign of vigor and maybe boost trichomes all in hopes of making the poor sap that bought it feel like "wow, that clearex shit....". Its a farce. Mono-sacharides(both glucose and sucrose are) are absorbed by the roots and utilized. When Clearex came out the talk was that it was "ionic" or opposite charged to nutes and would bind and help precipitate them from the media. More crap.

A few notes on "flushing"......
Is it only me or has "flushing" become something different than what it used to mean? I flush to remove all salts from my media about 4-5 days from harvest. Wouldnt all these different finishing protocols be something other than flushing? It might make discussion easier? Budswell last two or three or whatever weeks a flush? Seems like a misnomer and confuses noobs?

I use Budswel throughout the bloom period and if you like it for last weeks do yourself a favor and try it throughout. I flush with only water down to near zero EC and couldnt disagree more about that causing tasteless meds. Peace.

Hazydaze
11-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I've not noticed a taste increase using the budswel in the water when I flush only a slight trick increase. I have normally in the past used plain RO water and flushed till there wasn't anything to flush left in the medium I use and I've never been accused of providing tasteless meds =).

Not sure what we should call a flush that has additives... Maybe Rinsed?

EfuckingC
11-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I've not noticed a taste increase using the budswel in the water when I flush only a slight trick increase. I have normally in the past used plain RO water and flushed till there wasn't anything to flush left in the medium I use and I've never been accused of providing tasteless meds =).

Not sure what we should call a flush that has additives... Maybe Rinsed?

Im all for Budswel.....I just use it throughout bloom and stop when I final flush. Finishing protocols, ripening phase, week 7 and 8 recipe.....call it whatever you want but I think something other than flush would helo noobs.....Peace.

C sharp
11-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Alright guys, thanks for your input. Glad that I haven't used the Clearex yet, although I was going to when watering tomorrow. As I am using tap water I'll use molasses and budswell up to harvest. I don't know if the budswell has increased the size of my harvest but the plants sure seem to like it. If any of you have been near the ocean in the southeast you should recognize that smell from the rotting seaweed/algea. If its good enough for the mangroves its good enough for my plants.

the pope
11-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Yea the flush with busdswel has all the newbies confused....blame it on me and kga for popularizing it.....

No clearex...no need for it...not even sure where that idea came from....

Budswel is not an additive...its a tea - understand that...

C sharp
11-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Krink. I can't remember where I read about clearex but this is from the Bonticare website:

Clearex is also used at the end of a crops cycle to trigger the last reproductive stage of the plant, forcing the plant to process and assimilate endogenous nutrients. Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides, fructose and sucrose, that give high energy and amplifies metabolic compounds to the plant. Pre-harvest treatments can allow for enhanced flavor and increased yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out excess chemical nutrients.

Like I said, my plants really seem to be loving the budswell. At 5ml/gal there is now way you could over fertilize. You were right about the smell, makes me think of the tropics. The smell however definately abates shortly after the bottle has been open. As for the clearex, I just write it off as a $13 loss.

EfuckingC
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Krink. I can't remember where I read about clearex but this is from the Bonticare website:

Clearex is also used at the end of a crops cycle to trigger the last reproductive stage of the plant, forcing the plant to process and assimilate endogenous nutrients. Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides, fructose and sucrose, that give high energy and amplifies metabolic compounds to the plant. Pre-harvest treatments can allow for enhanced flavor and increased yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out excess chemical nutrients.

Like I said, my plants really seem to be loving the budswell. At 5ml/gal there is now way you could over fertilize. You were right about the smell, makes me think of the tropics. The smell however definately abates shortly after the bottle has been open. As for the clearex, I just write it off as a $13 loss.

Budswel is a tea....it could be used full strength. peace.

jaybud
11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
As for the clearex, I just write it off as a $13 loss.

not a loss, $13 worth of learning
I swear every time I use bud swell the next day the rooms smells twice as heavenly

am I clear no one has problem with mollasses and budswell as rinse ?

thefabman
11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Sugars or carbs at flush help the plant to strip itself of built up nutrients without over stress from the flush..... Nothing fancy is needed. Last two weeks water only first week ph'd and last week not ph'd to lockout all potential uptake.

Mr. Tricks
11-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Then how about some Banana Manna or GH flora nectar?:dunno: just to keep the stress down maybe? I thought you wanted a little stress at the end of the plants life?

***aww fug it, I'm just gonna stick with ph'd h2o. I'll dive deeper into this kinda stuff later on down the road. Lol. K.I.S.S!!!

thefabman
11-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I give them alot of stress their whole life cycle, but in good ways and at the right times. By locking them out at the end you will stress them hard enough...

Mr. Tricks
11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I give them alot of stress their whole life cycle, but in good ways and at the right times. By locking them out at the end you will stress them hard enough...

Thank you thefabman. Good stress, bad stress, clear flush, additive flush...I still have much to learn. I am loving the fact that this will be a constant learning hobby that will always be changing. So many ways and so many different options. I dig it, yet it can be stressful...lol. But in the end it is always rewarding to sit down and smoke a bowl of something you helped create. Thank you, master growers for sharing with us newbs! :)

jn
11-19-2011, 10:50 AM
What kind of sugars do you use though? Bud Candy, Molasses? Have you used Clearex? Pretty sure there is something in it other than sugars and water.

Ill use honey, molasses, maple syrup, juices I even used Soda syrups before. I prefer natural forms though! Soda has all sorts of crap in it

C sharp
11-19-2011, 11:45 AM
"But in the end it is always rewarding to sit down and smoke a bowl of something you helped create". Right on, Tricks. What amazes me is that even though I still screw up all the time I have yet to kill a plant. Everything always seem to come together in the end despite my effort. Truly one tough plant.