Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get a strain lab tested

Quote Originally Posted by Big J. Money View Post
    A360 is the real deal. From what I know NWBA doesnt even have a real deal gas chromatograph and mass spectrometer like A360 does. I also heard NWBA paid to be the testers at the HT cup and couldnt even test the concentrates or edibles with their setup so they(HT cup) contracted out A360 to test all those. Not trying to hate on NWBA, just sharing some info I heard through the grape vine yo.
    Hi Big J.

Our gas chromatography machine is definitely the real deal. We don't have a mass spec, nor do our friends at A360. But a mass spec is completely unnecessary for the analyses that we're performing. In fact, gas and liquid (which A360 uses), are the two methodologies that the UN recommends for cannabis testing.

As for the rumor that you heard, there is no truth to it. HT solicited us. We tested all flower and concentrate entries for potency. We even tested some of the concentrates for butane residue to help them determine if certain entries were really solvent-less.
    Northwest Botanical Analysis

127 N 35th St, Seattle, WA, 98103
    (
    206) 545-7233
    www.nwbotanicalanalysis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Soup View Post
    You can't get an accurate read on what the final flower levels will be. But you can get a read on whether a particular plant is a CBD pheno or not, and what the relative THC/CBD ratio is. ie 50/50, High CBD/Low THC, etc. The ratios for the leaf hold true for the flowers.
    JustOne, thank you for the recommendation.

Soup, you are exactly correct.

(
    206) 545-7233

What are your prices NWBA?

Didnt you have a NWGT discount a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpoon View Post
    if we got multiple medicines styles maybe we should go with 360? what do you think fab . .or will NWBA be good enough
    Hi Greenspoon,

Our equipment is suitable for testing most cannabis products. The only thing we avoid are edibles. There are often too many additional fats and sugars that can have a detrimental effect on our machinery so we ask our clients to instead bring in the starting material (i.e. butter, oil, etc.).

(
    206) 545-7233

Also guys, we offer a 10% discount to NWGT members. A 10 pack of tests will get you an additional 10%.
    $50 x 10 = $500
    After 20% discount it'll be $400.

Cheers.

(
    206) 545-7233

Do you guys have any drop spots up North Bham area?

Quote Originally Posted by NWBA View Post
    Our gas chromatography machine is definitely the real deal. We don't have a mass spec, nor do our friends at A360. But a mass spec is completely unnecessary for the analyses that we're performing. In fact, gas and liquid (which A360 uses), are the two methodologies that the UN recommends for cannabis testing.
    You sure its the real deal and not a smaller kit setup? A mass spectrometer isnt necessary? Wha?
    As for the rumor that you heard, there is no truth to it. HT solicited us. We tested all flower and concentrate entries for potency. We even tested some of the concentrates for butane residue to help them determine if certain entries were really solvent-less.
    Yup, heard yall paid 8K to have your name all over the HT cup. Any yea, all the edibles and concentrates were tested at A360. You tested for solvents cause thats all your setup was capable of doing.
    gas and liquid (which A360 uses)
    Thats why I recommend A360.

My Grow Journal
    <--- Check it

Hi Greenspoon,

There are often too many additional fats and sugars that can have a detrimental effect on our machinery so we ask our clients to instead bring in the starting material (i.e. butter, oil, etc.).
    Huh? You realize that makes zero sense, right?
    "I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love." - Charlie Sheen

NWBA, did you guys even release the results to the HT cup? Can't find it anywhere online. A360 used to have the edibles and concentrates posted until HT told em to take it down cause that wouldve been a conflict of interest since yall paid HT 8K to be their testers in return for some publicity. Am I right?

My Grow Journal
    <--- Check it

Off subject but....
    Just found out HT sent a cease and desist letter to the Harvest cup just for holding a "cup".

My Grow Journal
    <--- Check it

ya they thought they had a monopoly on the concurrent use of the words cannabis and cup

GBS-Whatcom County access point

NWGT Senior Member
    I am doing 2 bx's. cannatonic x (cannatonic x sour tsunami) and harlequin x (harlequin x sour tsunami)

Quote Originally Posted by Big J. Money View Post
    NWBA, did you guys even release the results to the HT cup? Can't find it anywhere online. A360 used to have the edibles and concentrates posted until HT told em to take it down cause that wouldve been a conflict of interest since yall paid HT 8K to be their testers in return for some publicity. Am I right?
    We didn't release the results publicly because our agreement with HT prohibited us from doing so. The samples all came randomly numbered from HT so it was impossible to match up results with specific entries.

In exchange for testing all flowers and concentrates, HT gave us a booth and adspace in the guide book they printed for the event.

No way we would have paid 8 grand for our involvement. Come on Big J. Booths were $2500 (I believe). And we had to put in a lot of labor to do all the testing.

(
    206) 545-7233

I gotta say, from my experience with them, NWBA is one of the most respectable businesses in the industry. They're always coming through with the latest tech. Super easy to work with

Quote Originally Posted by thefabman View Post
    I am doing 2 bx's. cannatonic x (cannatonic x sour tsunami) and harlequin x (harlequin x sour tsunami)
    i hear that harlequin tsunami is a very dominate CBD rich cross

GBS-Whatcom County access point

NWGT Garden Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thefabman View Post
    where is the harlequin from

I guess I can see a place for early testing on CBD's? But I prefer a 1-1 ratio CBD strain, and I've seen many VERY high (13%) strains that only had 1 or 2% THC though. Not sure you can really figure out the RATIO? Without later testing?
    Personnally I've had better luck with the balanced ratio strains, and would rather have a 8% CBD with 8% thc, than 12% CBD and only 1% thc. We're using these meds to bring BALANCE back to a regulatory system that is unbalanced.

NWGT Senior Member
    I totally agree borran a 50/50 ratio either through one plant or by using a blend of plant. I find it very easy to add thc content when breeding but cbd and cbn are much harder to estimate . Using a leafe test i can get an better approximate of the ration the male may be able to pass on. As with any seed it will alway be unknown until you run them. Our harlequin and canbatonic came from harbourside and we were told tested at 10 and 10. Have them flowering to varify now. If so then a great plant but can it be better or not we will see. No matter i guess because i am more than willng to look through lots of seeds to possibly find something and i figured tbis cross would have the potential and in seed form.

Hey thanks for the work FAB, most folks (even serious growers) just don't get the importance of CBD's in our meds, I love it when folks jump in with both feet bro!. Are your H Jo's from NHSC? Northern hum bolt seed co? Ringos gear? I'm supposed to be getting a bunch of seed stock from him soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12