Thread: New to concentrates

New to concentrates

Ok so, I'm just lost as to the concentrate thing. I see the terms 'wax, oil (bho, iso, rso, etc), honeycomb, shatter'

what are the differences between them? all I know is that bho uses butane to extract the thc and iso uses iso alcohol... but what's the difference in effects? Or are they used differently..

or maybe an easier question...how should someone introduce themselves to concentrates?

I've smoked flowers forever....never even considered anything other than that or hash until I came here lmao. So please, do tell so I can get on this shiet!

thanks in advance ;D

p.s. This could be a good how-to-start book for Wheels XDDD the illustrations would be epic. XD
    Last edited by Robpfffff; 12-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Nom Nom.

~ A map and compass is of no use in the clouds >.> ~

" Is this reality... "

NWGT Garden Guru
    well.... the first step is to get J to make you a fat patty..... then get a smoking device... im a lightweight and a recent convert as well, so i dont dab... i have an omicron and puff that thing a lot. its great for quick hits in a bathroom or other stealth smoking too...

NWGT Jr. Member
    Ha Ha......I'm just getting into the concentrate thing as well and have been doing a little research on the topic. as far as I can tell it can all fall under the umbrella term "hash". The only difference being the method of extraction which is how you get the various terms. (bho, iso, etc.) Shatter, wax, oil, etc. are generally terms relating to the consistency of the concentrate regardless of extraction method. I'm sure plenty of people will let me know where I screwed up on this one. :) For me, I'm starting with solvent-less extraction methods and see if I can get some real full-melt bubble like Matt Rize. BTW....your HD and Pez are doing phenominal. about 5 weks away.

- peace
    Last edited by miijade; 12-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.

NWGT Admin
    Butane Extracted Hash comes in varietes consisting of:

Shatter
    Wax
    Butter
    Honeycomb

These are just "looks" to the oil... they all offer a different aspect like stronger smells in wax then shatter ect... best bet is to get your hands dirty here...

ISO refers to the term Isopropyl which is a solvent used for extraction and really doesn't offer the greatest taste, but some old schoolers still like it.... its not the best "polar match" for cannabis and not preferred by most extraction technicians these days.

RSO is a term meaning Rick Simpson Oil and uses a Naphtha for extraction as its solvent, this is an oil made from mainly plant material that has lots of chlorophyl and other stuff most users don't want to smoke but rather eat as they believe it offers cancer curing properties.

BHO = Butane Solvent
    Varieties:
    Wax
    Shatter
    Honeycomb
    Budder

ISO = Isopropyl Solvent
    Varieties:
    Oil
    Shatter
    Sap

RSO = Naphtha Solvent
    Varieties:
    Dark oil consistency
    Last edited by Jameson; 12-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Cannacoin Wallet Address: CNVuK9Dx58QvxzZ3ETVLN5h68Y3gnNRWHJ

"Show me your plants, tell me how you grow them,
    and I'll tell you what kind of person you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson View Post

Shatter
    Wax
    Butter
    Honeycomb

These are just "looks" to the oil... they all offer a different aspect like stronger smells in wax then shatter ect... best bet is to get your hands dirty here...

ISO refers to the term Isopropyl which is a solvent used for extraction and really doesn't offer the greatest taste, but some old schoolers still like it.... its not the best "polar match" for cannabis and not preferred by most extraction technicians these days.

RSO is a term meaning Rick Simpson Oil and uses a Naphtha for extraction as its solvent, this is an oil made from mainly plant material that has lots of chlorophyl and other stuff most users don't want to smoke but rather eat as they believe it offers cancer curing properties.

BHO = Butane Solvent
    ISO = Isopropyl Solvent
    RSO = Naphtha Solvent

RSO is also made with ethyl alcohol. The key to RSO being RSO is the long soak and intentional inclusion of other plant material.
    "I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love." - Charlie Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by miijade View Post
    Ha Ha......I'm just getting into the concentrate thing as well and have been doing a little research on the topic. as far as I can tell it can all fall under the umbrella term "hash". The only difference being the method of extraction which is how you get the various terms. (bho, iso, etc.) Shatter, wax, oil, etc. are generally terms relating to the consistency of the concentrate regardless of extraction method. I'm sure plenty of people will let me know where I screwed up on this one. :) For me, I'm starting with solvent-less extraction methods and see if I can get some real full-melt bubble like Matt Rize. BTW....your HD and Pez are doing phenominal. about 5 weks away.

- peace
    Heheh the moment I saw your name I wanted to ask about those clones xDDD Sweet bro! more luck than I with the HD, and you'll enjoy the pez!! I still want to get a cut of that back lmao! but eh, so much stuff goin on currently. Maybe someday ;D
    Thanks for the info bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson View Post

Shatter
    Wax
    Butter
    Honeycomb

BHO = Butane Solvent
    Varieties:
    Wax
    Shatter
    Honeycomb
    Budder

ISO = Isopropyl Solvent
    Varieties:
    Oil
    Shatter
    Sap

RSO = Naphtha Solvent
    Varieties:
    Dark oil consistency
    Interesting. Thanks for the details James. One of those facts does bring me to question though, about the RSO. What is it about RSO that makes it easier for chemo patients to eat? Does it reduce nausea or does it actually make one hungrier? (My dad is also a patient and is getting skinnier by the day due to not wanting to eat much anymore, so I wondered if that would help in that department....or just some old fashioned medibles)
    Lmao I like the look of shatter :3 dunno why.

I'm gonna need to find a little of each of the varieties (While being made from the same strain) and see which I prefer I suppose ^^

Thanks for the answers all. ^^
    Nom Nom.

~ A map and compass is of no use in the clouds >.> ~

" Is this reality... "