Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 710 USD, Received: 350 USD (49%)
Server cost and website maintenance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Growing Jillybean???

Anyone Growing Jillybean???

I got some Jillybean clones from a buddy. They are really nice healthy plants. But .... they seem to stretch alot. Just wonder what others have experienced from Jillybean. I know it's got alot of Sativa in it. But, I didn't get this much stretch from the Maui Wowie I grew. I'm sure it'll all work out. But, I have it with 5 other plants that are all Ripped Bubba. I don't want the Jillybean taking over.
    Muttt

NWGT Garden Guru
    Mine stretched like hell. Ended up ditching it.
    Great flowers and Shatter available for delivery!

Flowers :
    http://www.nwgt.org/showthread.php?19784-High-CBD-flowers-available-for-delivery&p=280866#post280866

Shatter: http://www.nwgt.org/showthread.php?1...909#post271909

I am always in search of used: Horizontal parabolics, vertical sockets, and solis tek 1000w ballasts.

NWGT Senior Member
    I just got some cuts of it and i know that the pheno my buddie found is a high yeilding fruit punch smelling one

Mine stretched like crazy, I donated them to a garden that had more space than I. Im sure your a master grower but how close is the light? Do your temps have a big swing? More than say 10 degrees?

And Jillybean is 70/30 indica dom i believe.
    Last edited by crazyacres; 01-23-2013 at 03:37 PM.

My lights are about 26 inches away. It's also a small enclosed space. So, there is a ton of light. I rent .... so I have to grow in a box. I have a 3ft x 4ft x 6ft tall box that I grow 5 or 6 plants in using a 600w HPS. It's not the ideal setup. But, it is dialed in really well and works well. Constant temps and humidity. The only problems I've had were from mites. I also have another box the same size. It is seperated into three areas, Clone (T5's) veg 400w MH and a drying rack. I have constant temps of 75-78 degrees lights on and they stay at about 68-70 at night. I knew they'd stretch a little. Just wondered if it's very comon. The pheno I have is the one that smells just like Sunny Delight. I've tried some smoke from this particular plant and it was great. And it smells so good. I'm deffinitely gonna grow it out. Just wondering how much of a fight with height. I'll LST the shit out of it if I need too. I've already topped it ... was hoping for a little more bushing. Looks like i'll get plenty of practice topping, super cropping and LST.
    Muttt

Banned
    My phenos both yielded well but they hermied like a SOB late in flower

Question to Sub-Cool: How does Jillybean react to topping. Say I flowered at 10-12" , what kind of stretch could I expect? What kind of nute strength would you recommend for a soil grow. Does it clone very easy. Does it yield decent?

Answer: I would only grow Jillybean topped as she tends to stretch some and shes kinda a thin plant that packs on colas late, It does clone very easy I have never had problems with her. Just a heads up..Jillybean gets huge both indoors and out and she is a moderate feeder.

Thanks ... that's good info.
    Muttt

The neigbors had one that stretched like a mofo! Ended up near 9 foot!

Huge yield, bushy, nice orange flavor but both my ladies hermied.

Banned
    bad at that and it wasn't sterile was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc D View Post
    Huge yield, bushy, nice orange flavor but both my ladies hermied.

This is like 3rd or 4th gen clone ....... pretty damn stable. The guy I got it from has never had this one hermie.
    Muttt

I ran it once and it was a pretty stretchy pheno, real wide node spacing even with a mh a few inched away in veg. I flowered at 16 inches about and the plant ended up being about 3 feet tall with huge colas. They filled in pretty far down too. I got 3 oz of it with minimal staking and training and I won't lie I was fighting pm at the time. I plan on running it again though regardless of stretch and I am a huge fan of those short bushy indicas personally.I did top it too ill post a few pictures when I get a chance.

I top my Jillybean early and flower them at about 10". I had both the short and tall jilly but decided to go with the tall pheno. They stretch but not as bad as others i have had. it's very true about the late weight also. The flavors are amazing like an orange Cap'n Crunch Berry.

Last edited by rare_concepts; 01-25-2013 at 06:16 PM.

double posted accidentally

That's a great pic.
    Muttt

NWGT Newbie
    DSC00162.jpgDSC00161.jpg
    Ya shes a stretcher. Started seeing nanners around week 5. Pic shows week 6
    Last edited by creeperz; 01-26-2013 at 12:34 AM.

NWGT Senior Member
    I going to put the 8 that i have in 20gal tub 4 in each one and scrog and see how she does.. She dont nanner

I bet it would scrog just fine. I had a Maui Wowie in my last run. It stretches like a bitch .... but it did scrog rather nicely.
    Muttt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast