Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 710 USD, Received: 350 USD (49%)
Server cost and website maintenance.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The purpose of Cannacoin on NWGT

Cannacoin Moderator tokyopotato's Avatar

The purpose of Cannacoin on NWGT

There's a lot of confusion and misunderstandings regarding Cannacoin.

We will be adding Cannacoin to the forum as a means for tipping other users. Right now, if someone gives some great advice, there's no way to compensate them other than saying, thank you.

We want to encourage really good content and create an incentive for people to be good community members. One way to do this, is to have a Cannacoin wallet integrated with the website. You will be able to tip other users with Cannacoin.

Why use the blockchain technology for this? For starters, it offers a completely decentralized, transparent, and community driven ledger. All transactions and information is transparent via the blockchain explorer.

With the decentralized blockchain, we don't have to build a ledger and a server to host transactions and security. The technology is cryptographically secure.

All we are doing, is essentially adding a micro-payment ecosystem on top of NWGT.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is not a democratic decision. This is the vision of the operators of NWGT. If you believe in Jameson and JP, you will support them in their vision of creating a truly unique social, economic, and political organization under the NWGT name.

Cheers,
    Patrick

I don't tip!

You're already making $15 an hour? :dunno:

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tricks View Post
    I don't tip!

You're already making $15 an hour? :dunno:

Lol
    Sorry, I don't understand. Can you reply with a coherent response?

So if you don't own any cannacoin you can't tip, correct?

Cannacoin is real money right? So people are gonna be throwing "real money" at quality posts?
    :D Be excellent to each other :D

I sure wouldn't want advice from people motivated by financial profit. All I see this doing is increasing the amount of bad advice going around. You're giving people who should remain silent an incentive to speak up. Most craftsman love to share the knowledge with the next generation for the love of the craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc D View Post
    So if you don't own any cannacoin you can't tip, correct?

Cannacoin is real money right? So people are gonna be throwing "real money" at quality posts?
    Doc, you can easily earn Cannacoin by just being apart of the community and contributing. We plan to have a large giveaway once we finish working out the NWGT integration so that people will be able to start right away earning and re-tipping to other users to help encourage useful and insightful content as well as overall participation.

Edit: Just to give you an idea of how it might look and just how easy it will be in order to tip a post once implemented
    Last edited by Peezor; 08-07-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    CCN ADDRESS: CWVUagZxizcmF7QcKvF3ynfW4hU4tdKUhp

Quote Originally Posted by BigBillsBuds View Post
    I sure wouldn't want advice from people motivated by financial profit. All I see this doing is increasing the amount of bad advice going around. You're giving people who should remain silent an incentive to speak up. Most craftsman love to share the knowledge with the next generation for the love of the craft.
    Microtipping is a great way to reward those members who are both helpful and courteous. We aren't talking about substantial amounts of money here.

*edit* sometimes even just the act of tipping, regardless of the amount, is a way to say thank you and that you appreciate this person. it makes the thank you just a little more tangible. if you can find a truly legitimate reason why this is a bad idea, i would be curious to hear it.
    Last edited by tokyopotato; 08-07-2014 at 01:29 PM.

microtipping? that's a word now? let me use it in a sentence; "When Europeans come to America, they participate in the practice of microtipping." Is that right? Or maybe, "Next time you get bad service, you can either microtip or write in [don't pet a burning dog] where the tip goes."

I'm already learning a lot. I wish I could microtip somebody right now.

I sure wouldn't want advice from people motivated by financial profit.
    You're entirely wrong about my motivation behind this project or my time dedicated to NWGT. This is about personal freedom, privacy and a clear goal for EVERYONE to succeed. Whether you like it or not the concept of crypto currency is changing the world and there's nothing we can do to stop it, there are other coins with similar goals to cannacoin however we have the choice to be the leader for this future and show them how that us here at NWGT and across WA/PNW understand the ecosystem of marijuana and can be leaders in this space. Systems like this the authorities and government can't just say "No" to, this is for the people by the people. I've been 100% transparent about this project as well as my intentions and I continue to be that way in hopes that maybe one day the vision of this project will be seen by those I'm trying to create it for.

All I see this doing is increasing the amount of bad advice going around. You're giving people who should remain silent an incentive to speak up.
    Increasing the amount of bad advice? Please elaborate? There is an incentive to provide useful and thoughtful discussion(not to mention the possibility to crowdfund projects or charity). You're telling me that people would be incentivised to come troll and provide 0 to the discussion? Im curious how you came to that conclusion...

Most craftsman love to share the knowledge with the next generation for the love of the craft.
    This is where we agree 100%. Those that have been sharing their knowledge for years that you love, respect and admire you can now show appreciation in the simple form of a donation or tip. Never in the lifetime of the internet has this technology even been available without a middleman or giving away your identity to use a service like kickstarter/paypal and letting those middlemen get in the way of you being able to support those who help teach and support you etc.
    Last edited by Peezor; 08-07-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyopotato View Post
    Microtipping is a great way to reward those members who are both helpful and courteous. We aren't talking about substantial amounts of money here.

*edit* sometimes even just the act of tipping, regardless of the amount, is a way to say thank you and that you appreciate this person. it makes the thank you just a little more tangible. if you can find a truly legitimate reason why this is a bad idea, i would be curious to hear it.
    In my experience, people here seem to apprecite an honest thank you well enough. Sometimes it's "here have this and help someone else down the road if you can" which is great. Can't it just stay like that? Offering money to someone who wants to just do something out of the goodness of their heart can be taken as an insult. if it's a ha'penny then perhaps even more so.
    Last edited by rbico; 08-07-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    You are not a member of any groups

NWGT Member
    The one thing i don't understand is why anyone would use cannacoins for buying weed. Why would i take my money, convert it into cc's, then pay the shop in cc's? It seems like a unnecessary step, and would be a burden more than anything else. Cash is as anonymous as it gets.

Adding a "Like" button is also a way to say thank you and that is common place on just about any mmj forum....

Saying "like it or not" didn't really work for Hitler, dont think its going to work for you guys either cause those that dont like it will be gone and all that will be left are peeps willing to throw money around but don't know shit about growing....

This site has a rep of the owners trying to get cash from its members. ($3200 for a fuckin BBQ?) This Cannacoin deal will just end up killing this site....

Banned
    "Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is not a democratic decision."

I don't post much around here, but this came off as obnoxious. This is a community and the community's opinions matter. Whether or not it changes anything is another story, but for you to make a statement like that speaks volumes to me. Instead of the community donating cash from out of their pockets, they should send in a penny to the NWGT BBQ fund. Seems like a logical solution since this isn't a democratic decision; Rather than donate $20, just donate 20 Cannacoins or less. The BBQ wasn't a democratic decision either it seems, so the more I think about it, the more I feel the community aspect of this site is degrading. I don't speak for anyone else, but that's just my opinion and with this system being implemented, I will do nothing with it's currency. A thank you is worth more to me than a penny (or whatever this currency is actually worth at this time), but that's just my "2 cents".

If someone moved into your neighborhood and instantly made a deal with the home owners association, local government, what-have-you and then they announce that you can only use electricity from the hours of 8am to 8pm and that "this is not a democratic decision", how would you respond? Not a great analogy by any means, but trying to give you an idea of how you might better approach a topic of discussion as opposed to you forcing what you have to say down others' throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Romania View Post
    "Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. This is not a democratic decision."
    If someone moved into your neighborhood and instantly made a deal with the home owners association, local government, what-have-you and then they announce that you can only use electricity from the hours of 8am to 8pm and that "this is not a democratic decision", how would you respond? Not a great analogy by any means, but trying to give you an idea of how you might better approach a topic of discussion as opposed to you forcing what you have to say down others' throats.
    You're statement makes it seems like we're taking away something from the site instead of implement new features and push the capabilities of what we can do as a community further. Of course we want the community input before we go implementing something but the point is we had a vision when we started NWGT and we will continue to execute that through what we've worked to build and provide as a resource to the community. It's clear we've done something right here by creating NWGT and its managed to bring everyone here together right? But now It seems its gotten to the point where those that use this service don't trust the the vision it stands for and the people running it yet they call it home (confuses me). There are no limitations in crypto currency, you're free to do anything you wish with your coins. Spend them, donation them, tip them do whatever you want. We're only attempting to help implement a technology that can benefit anyone who chooses to participate. If it's not you're cup of tea then don't participate simple as that. Nothing is being forced down anyones throat when you have an option to participate in the project.
    Last edited by Peezor; 08-07-2014 at 02:58 PM.

If you want answers "Follow the money trail" who stands to profit from canna coin?
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave - Jimmy Cliff

You say it's just too tip posts I can't help but think it's way more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by auldone View Post
    This site has a rep of the owners trying to get cash from its members. ($3200 for a fuckin BBQ?) This Cannacoin deal will just end up killing this site....
    I'm trying to find out where this rep started because I do make a cent from NWGT in fact I end up donating hundreds of hours of time, but money to the cause. And about the BBQ... have you been to a NWGT BBQ? This isn't easily put together in someones backyard. We're talking 300+ guests, parking for those guests, a venue with accessibility and facilities to cook(kitchen, water, sinks), entertainment, chairs and tables and the list goes on... last year we we're fortunate enough to be hosted by Bornon420 but this we didn't have that luxury so you can account for about half of the budget alone for a venue alone. I might see where your skepticism given it's simple "BBQ" title however I can assure you that these events don't happen without a budget and are definitely don't leave room for anyone walking away with any money in their pocket.

So, it's like rupees in Zelda?
    Fantasy money in a fantasy game.

Or is is more like cryptomined "likes"?
    Depending on your perspective the whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tnj8228 View Post
    You say it's just too tip posts I can't help but think it's way more than that.
    You're right, these coins can be used to raise funds for whatever project, cause or charity. They can taken from our site and exchanged for Bitcoin if you care to trade other currencies and can also be spent elsewhere from vendors who accept them. Earn some tips from some posts, takes your coins and buy some cool NWGT or Cannacoin swag, promote others accepting CCN or other cryptos for items, services/work etc. The limitations on how you can personally implement Cannacoin or just cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin into your life are almost endless.

I'm being a douche!

Sorry!

Carry on.
    Last edited by Mr. Tricks; 08-07-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast